Nothing much new going on unfortunately. We are still with S and A and according to A his sister will be ready to get started again around the end of May to beginning of July so that's not too far off. This is what he said in one of the last e-mails he sent me..."we hope to make a decision in the next month-ish as to if/when we want to move forward. S does NOT want to wait a whole year, because he thinks we're getting too old. And he does have a point, of course. So we'll know what we're doing in April, I imagine. And try to set it up." The only thing that has been bothering me is that "IF" b/c he seemed so sure before and now I'm kinda worried. I should hear something else from him pretty soon and I will let yall know what they decide. Hopefully they want to move forward and we can start getting everything set up for a May/June transfer. I can't wait to be pregnant again.
And if all this waiting to get knocked up wasn't enough, I just found out my sister-in-law is pregnant with her first baby today. This "baby bug" is kicking my a$$! I am so happy and excited for them though. I don't have a sister and haven't really had any really close friends or anything that live near me that I have been able to share in their pregnancy experience with so this is super exciting to me. Now I think I know how she must have felt when I got pregnant :) I'm so glad I have such a good relationship with my MIL and SIL. They are amazing women and two of my very best friends.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Well, I heard back from A today and he said that they are basically trying to figure out when in the next 3 to 6 months they would be able to start again and figure out some scheduling stuff with his sister. So guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. Ideally they would be able to start within the next month or be able to wait a year while I did another surrogacy but it doesn't look like it's going to work that way. I was really looking forward to getting started soon and being pregnant this summer but if I have to choose between getting started right away and waiting for the couple that I know we love, I'll wait. I have plenty of time to be a surrogate and I know it will happen when it was meant to happen. I have already tried, without success, to move on from S and A and choose another couple and I am done. I feel like I was just meant to do a surrogacy for them and if I have to wait then I will.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Ok, we flew out to L.A. last week for the match meeting with D and R. The guys were really nice but we really got the feeling that D wasn't sure if he wanted to work with us or not. Plus they were supposed to let the agency know what they decided by last Friday and as of Tuesday they still hadn't let them know anything. Maybe we were just reading too much into it, I don't know. But between that and the fact that our former IPs, S and A, have been contacting me again wanting to get started again sometime soon, we decided to let D and R go. Only thing is that S and A haven't given me a timeline yet as to when they will be ready to start again. I'm just hoping it won't be too long. They were supposed to let me know something today but I haven't heard anything from them and I texted them and e-mailed them today. Hopefully everything is ok and they aren't backing out again. Either way I feel like we made the right decision about not going with D and R. I know no one ever said surrogacy was easy I just never expected it to take this long to get matched. This is getting a little ridiculous. And I feel terrible b/c the agency is spending all this time, energy and money trying to get me matched and so far it hasn't happened but they have been absolutely great about the whole situation. Just kinda rolling right along with it like me. What else can you do? I guess it'll happen when it happens and until then I am just going to try to concentrate on my life. Gotta get my oldest baby signed up for pre-k next week. Can't believe she is starting school...that's crazy!