Monday, June 1, 2015

First OB Appt

Well, everything looks great.  I'll be 14 weeks in 2 days and I just had my first official OB appt today.  Just to catch you up, I had several appointments to check my hcg levels and they more than doubled  each time and my hormone levels were always higher than they had to be.  Then at my first ultrasound we found out officially that it was twins.  We had several early ultrasounds and everything has always been great.  I never had any spotting or complications or anything.

The guys have been great this whole time.  I couldn't ask for a better set of IPs, they never cease to amaze me.  In April we went to Florida on vacation and as soon as I mentioned that I was looking for a place to stay for our vacation they said that they have a time share in Orlando and that we were welcome to use it.  It was so nice of them to offer it to us and we had a great time and really enjoyed it there.  On Easter they sent the kids Easter baskets filled with goodies.  Then for Mother's Day they got me a mug with a picture of me, my hubby and kids on it and 2 necklaces.  Then this past weekend they sent me a spa gift certificate which I'm really looking forward to using.  I'm going to be so spoiled by the end of this pregnancy...lol.  They are so nice and always checking on me to see how I'm doing.

I'm seeing a different doctor with this pregnancy than I did with my last 3 pregnancies because my last doctor was very pro c-section.  They tried to scare me into a c-section with my first two pregnancies and I wouldn't agree to it.  Then with my third pregnancy I ended up "having" to do a section.  At my postpartum checkup I asked them about doing a vbac in the future and they said the only way they'd let me vbac is if the baby is under 9lbs.  I knew right then I needed to find another OB or I'd end up with another section.  So, I searched online for doctors that specialize in vbacs and asked around on some pregnancy groups online and that's where I found Dr. Tate.  I am so glad I found him.  He is very vbac friendly and specializes in vbacs and pregnancy with multiples.  I am very happy with my decision to change doctors.  It is definitely worth the extra drive time.

As far as symptoms go I only threw up twice during the first trimester and as long as I kept something on my stomach my nausea wasn't too bad.  All other symptoms have been a lot more severe than a singleton pregnancy.  The heartburn and indigestion have been really bad as well as the gas and bloating.  Ever since I came off my hormones I've been having headaches and migraines almost daily.  I was extremely tired during the first trimester but it's starting to ease up some.  I HAVE to eat at regular times.  If I don't then I get nauseous, start sneezing (I know, wired symptom) and get a headache.  I don't know if my blood sugar getting too low or what but all the symptoms go away when I eat.  And we're not even going to talk about how much weight I've gained so far.  I started feeling movement at 11 weeks but it's still very light and random.  I can't wait until it gets stronger.

I go back to the doctor on Thursday to have some prenatal testing done and my gestational diabetes test.  Then my next appointment will be June 29th.  My appointment today went great.  Babies looked great, growing right on track.  He seemed a little surprised that my uterus was already so high, it's already almost to my belly button.  He said the reason it's so high is because it's not even in my pelvis anymore.

No comments: