Thursday, March 28, 2019

First Ultrasound

Ok so good news, the HCG tests came back good and everything looked good on the ultrasound.  We were all so relieved!  I swear it felt like it was taking the ultrasound tech forever to tell us anything or show us anything.  It was torture! 

So the official due date is 11/14/19 which means I'm 7 weeks along today.  I get to start weaning off meds next week.  Yay!!!  When we were talking to the doctor after the appointment the other day about coming off the meds she said they were going to start weaning me off the injections first and I would be on the suppositories until 12 weeks.  I swear I thought I saw her head spin around when I asked her if I could come off the suppositories first and stay on injections.  LOL!  I don't think she's ever had anyone request that before, she looked dumbfounded.  She kept telling me I can change my mind at any time and it's ok.  It's just that with the injections it's a once a day thing and it's quick and over with in about a minute and I don't have to think about it again for 24 hours.  Plus that whole area is pretty much numb by now from all the injections.  It's something that has happened with every surrogacy and the feeling always comes back later after stopping the injections.

I have one more ultrasound with Emory Reproductive on April 10th and after that I get released to my OB and my first OB appt is April 22nd.

I'm just so happy that it worked and happy to be pregnant.


No comments: