Sunday, October 31, 2010

One step closer

Well, not a whole lot going on right now.  We finished the legal papers and I am all legally cleared and ready to go.  I think the guys are too.  I think the only thing we are waiting on is for the egg donor (A's sister) to get her screening and stuff done then we can start the meds and do the transfer.  Hopefully that won't take too much longer b/c I can't wait to be pregnant again.  I am hoping for twins.  I have always wondered what it would be like to carry twins and feel like b/c of my large stature that it is something I would be able to do pretty easily.  I guess we'll see though.
Zoe went to the dermatologist about a week or two ago and her skin has been doing so much better.  I was amazed at how fast it healed.  I could already tell a difference the next day and after 3 days her eczema was almost gone.  Within a week she was completely cleared up.  The dermatologist gave her 2 Rx creams and an oral Rx antihistamine.  As far as the Rx the pediatrician had given us, the dermatologist said they don't recommend giving that to small children.  Thank god I hadn't been using it much.  I just didn't like putting it on her b/c of all the steroids and stuff it has in it and would only put it on the really bad spots for a few days to a week then wouldn't use it again for the rest of the month.  When her eczema started getting really bad I just stopped using it b/c there was no way I was going to use that much on her b/c she was broke out all over her body.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Looking forward to following your journey. I, too, am a first time surro-mom and just matched up with the most amazing parents!