Thursday, September 9, 2010

Happy

Ok, I think we have decided on a couple.  YAY!!!  We have 3 profiles to choose from.  A couple from Norway, a single woman who lives in NY and a gay couple (guys) that live in L.A.  I think we are going to go with the gay couple.  They seem like really great guys and they have a great support system with all their family and friends.  They are very close to their family and one of the guy's sister is going to donate her egg and they are going to use the other IF's (intended father) sperm so the baby will be geneticly linked to both of them.  I thought that was pretty cool.  Also, one of the IF's moms is going to move in with them for the first year after the baby is born to help them out.  She also did this with each of her other 4 children after they had their first baby.  I just think they are an amazing family all around and I can't wait to meet them.  I am aware that the choice to do a surrogacy for a gay couple won't sit too well with some of my family and friends but I have really thought about this a lot and this is something I really want to do.  Starting this surrogacy was something I wanted to do to make me happy and to help other people have a family.  I am not doing this to make all my family and friends happy and nor will I ever be able to make everyone happy.  So, I am just going to go with my gut and do what I feel is right and make myself happy and if anyone else has a problem with that it's not my fault.

No comments: