Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Talk

Ok, so I talked to my mom and dad yesterday for the first time since I told them about which couple I decided to go with.  When I told my dad the other day he was completely freaking out but he's fine now.  I wrote him a letter the other day telling him about the couple and why I chose them and all that good stuff and I sent him a copy of the guy's profile so I guess that helped.  I think he was just really in shock after I told him but he's calmed down now and had time to process everything so he's ok.  My mom on the other hand is still mad about it but she's not the type to scream and yell and cuss like my dad (thank god).  She just doesn't understand why I chose them and I tried to explain it to her but it seems to just go in one ear and out the other.  Oh well, I guess one out of two ain't bad.  Hopefully mom will come around to the idea sooner or later.  I am still not planning on telling anyone else that we are going with a gay couple.  I have just decided to save myself the headache b/c you never know how people are going to react.  We are flying out to L.A. on Friday to meet the guys and I can't wait.  Hopefully we will get to spend a good bit of time with them while we are there.  I would like to be able to meet some of their family also.  They live in L.A. so hopefully that won't be a problem.  I would also love to be able to go to the beach this time while we are over there and actually do more than just sit in a hotel room then fly back early the next morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They'll come around... just keep doin what you're doing and remember - you are giving the best gift of all! No shame in that. :)