Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Intuition

Turns out my intuition was right about the last couple.  Part of my issue with them was communication.  We hardly ever talked and we just weren't clicking.  I think the language barrier may have played a part in that also b/c English wasn't her first language and her "husband" didn't speak english.  Plus, I didn't find out until after I agreed to work with them, that they aren't married.  I was talking to M, in an e-mail, just asking her some stuff about herself and R, trying to get to know them better, and I asked her when they got married and she didn't respond.  I didn't really think too much about it but then when I went back and look at the information page with their names and everything on it, their last names aren't the same.  Just felt like she was being dishonest way too early in the relationship.  I am so glad I am not working with them anymore.  After GG talked to them and told them that we weren't going to be moving forward they e-mailed me basicly asking me what happened and everything, which I totally expected.  So I sent them the nicest e-mail I could and I felt so bad.  I basicly told her that they are both really nice people but I didn't think we were meant to do a surrogacy together and told her several times how sorry I was.  Well she sent me an e-mail back saying that I was just "playing" them b/c they are desperate to have a baby and that now they have to "start all over" and I just "wasted all this time" for them.  To which I responded...

...  I just believe that everything happens for a reason and we weren't meant to do this together.  And your attitude in that last e-mail just reaffirms my decision to not move forward with you.  I was in no way "playing" you and never intended to hurt you or R and I am very sorry if I have.  And I didn't feel like a lot of time had been wasted.  We had only been matched like a month and hadn't even started contracts or anything.  Yeah, you and R had been going to the embassy to see if he would be able to come to the U.S. but yall needed to do that anyways.  With my last IPs we were done with the contracts in a month and we still hadn't even started them with yall.  That's why I went ahead and decided against moving forward with you now rather than later b/c we hadn't actually started anything so I didn't feel like any time had been wasted.  I could see you saying that if we had already finished contracts and legal paperwork but we hadn't.
 
I am so very sorry and wish you the best of luck on your journey.
 
Didn't hear anything back from her after that.  I'm sure it's a good thing.

I have found a new set of IFs that I like.  GG sent them my profile on Thursday of last week and I am just waiting to hear back from GG about whether they liked my profile or not.  I've got my fingers crossed that this is IT.  I'm hoping third times a charm b/c I am ready to get started and make some babies!  :)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

So glad you decided NOT to work with your former IPs!!

paradykes said...

I hope you find the IP's that you "just know" are the right ones. I'm glad you didn't stay with the others because they weren't the "ones". Good luck on your journey.