Friday, November 12, 2010

Another Step Closer

Well, things are moving along.  The egg donor finally got to do the first of her screenings and should be getting the results back from that within 7 - 10 days.  I think if everything is ok with that screening she has to go in again for some other screening also.  And as it turns out our cycles are already pretty much synchronized so hopefully that helps things.  My RE told me to go ahead and start taking only the "active" BC pills so apparently I won't be having a period.  Not quite sure what for.  I figured it was to help thicken the lining of my uterus to get ready for transfer but we aren't doing a transfer yet so I'm a little confused.

I am getting a little anxious about the transfer.  The closer it gets and the more I think about it I think I might be a little bit uncomfortable laying on a table half naked with a bunch of guy in there that I've only actually met once.  I mean the guys are great and I love em to death and I know that they (hopefully) aren't going to actually see anything but it's just a strange situation.  I don't think it would be so uncomfortable if I weren't going over there alone to do this but unfortunately GG doesn't let you bring anyone with you on this trip and I completely understand why but that doesn't mean I have to like it.  I am looking at this as if this is my last trip over there but as many surrogates know it doesn't always work out that way and sometimes you have to transfer more than one time.  *God I hope not!*

Oh well, I guess I'll be ok.  This is what I signed up for and I will deal with it and get past this part.  I'm sure it won't be too bad.

2 comments:

momof4 said...

Hey there! I'm a first time surrogate also. I did my transfer a month ago and I'm also with GG. My guys were in the room also, they stayed up by my head...I'm sure they had no want to see my lady parts;) The whole process is so fast and its really nothing worse than a regular pap. Try so hard not to be nervous and just relax and enjoy the time with the guys. Its really a special day for everyone! Good luck with everything. I'll be following )

Jennifer said...

Thank you for the encouragement. I'm sure it will be fine. One of the guys actually messaged me today and said, "...just remember that we are 2 gay guys and we have 6 sisters between us..." LOL! They are so sweet, gotta love em.