Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Bit of a Problem

Well, we've got our first little set back.  Apparently the ED was supposed to get a shot to get her body ready for the ER or get her to produce eggs or something but she didn't get it.  I'm not sure when she was supposed to get it or why she didn't get it but Kolb (fertility doctor in L.A.) wants to see her on Friday (tomorrow) to give her the shot.  They were supposed to be doing the ER tomorrow but instead they will just be giving her the shot.  That means that the ER will be on Sunday or Monday.  If they do the ER on Sunday then we will do the transfer on Wednesday.  If they do the ER on Monday then we will transfer on Thursday.  I'm REALLY hoping we transfer on Wednesday b/c Thursday is my daughter's open house (our first open house) and I really don't want to miss it.  I know there isn't really anything I can do about it but that isn't going to stop me from being mad for a little while.  I had everything all set up with my transfer dates and who was gonna watch the kids and I'm just mad that it had to get all turned upside down.  I know that in the bigger picture this is just a tiny problem but when you're as hormonal as I am right now, everything's a big deal.  Ok, I'm done whining, after all, it could be worse.  At least I'm not missing her first day of school or her Kindergarten graduation or anything like that.

In other news, I've got my last E2/US tomorrow so I'm hoping my lining is super thick with a triple stripe :)  I'm so glad this is the last time I will have to drive to Atlanta for a while.  I hate driving in all that traffic.  I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to tell if I'm pregnant or not.  My boobs are still really sore from all this estrogen I'm on and I've been told by some of my surro sisters that the progesterone can cause "morning sickness".  So, I guess it's a good thing I've got plenty of HPTs, 14 to be exact, thanks to my SSS (secret surro sister).  I was scheduled to start the progesterone after my appt tomorrow but now I'm not sure what they are going to want me to do.  Guess I'll find out tomorrow and I'll update again :)

No comments: